Designed and powered by the world's leading technology companies, Google and Huawei, the HiKey 960 is the new flagship platform for Android and embedded development. The development of the HiKey 960 Single Board Computer (SBC) is a partnership between Linaro members ARM, Google, Huawei, Archermind, and LeMaker.
The HiKey 960 is built on HiSilicon's (an Huawei Company) powerful ARM®, the Kirin 960 Octa-core SoC. The Kirin 960 is built on the ARM®v8-a architecture and supports Big.LITTLE™ technology. The SoC contains four ARM® Cortex®-A73 cores, four Cortex®-A53 cores, and a Mali-G71 MP8 GPU.
The board has 3GB of LPDDR4 SDRAM memory, 32GB of UFS 2.0 flash storage, two and four lane MIPI CSI interfaces, 1080p HDMI and MIPI DSI video interfaces, I2C, SPI, GPIO, PCIe Gen2, WiFI, and Bluetooth 4.1 interfaces. The board runs on a 12V/2A power supply which is standard for most real-world boards.
The HiKey 960 is certified by Google and Linaro's 96Boards division. Google certified the board for official AOSP development and 96Boards certified it under their Consumer Edition (CE) specification.
The HiKey 960 board is an ideal platform for many different types of users. Here are just a few.
- an AOSP developer or engineer who needs a reference platform for development
- a mobile test engineer at a telco
- a mobile security professional
- a person with the need to upgrade the Raspberry Pi for a more stable platform
- a Linux kernel developer
- a hardware engineer
- a maker or independent developer
- a developer involved in robotics, digital signage, or point of sale (POS)
- a developer interested in building ARM® Trusted Firmware (ATF)
- a platform for understanding how Android properly communicates with an underlying hardware design
If you have not purchased one yet, you can today through the following distribution channels: